Capital Security Bank Limited ‘CSB’ has been operating for over 23 years and is the Cook Islands only private international bank. We provide international banking services to trusts, personal clients and corporates from around the world.
The Web and Systems Programmer role is a newly created role for CSB, and is a fantastic opportunity for the right applicant to join a fast-growing ambitious business.
The primary focus of this role will be to design, develop, install and maintain web based and software solutions for CSB.
Ultimately, the role of the Web & Systems Programmer is to build high-quality, innovative, fully performing software that complies with coding standards, technical design, meets the needs of the CSB’s operations and supports the CSB’s growth targets.
This full-time salaried position is based at our offices in Avarua with the remuneration in line with market and the successful applicants experience.
You are a Cook Islander or a person willing to fully embrace and immerse yourself in the culture of the Cook Islands.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a super strength of attention to detail.
You are a creative and strategic thinker willing to speak up and question the status quo in a constructive manner, if you do not agree or believe you can add value to the subject matter.
You live and love your craft and have your finger on the pulse following up to date trends in the IT and digital development space.
You are a team player capable of working collaboratively across internal departments within CSB and with multiple external partners.
Tertiary qualification in related subjects desirable but not compulsory.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right applicant to join a fast-growing ambitious business.
• Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience designing interactive applications
• Ability to develop online applications and software in HTML, VBA, Java, Ruby on Rails or .NET or other programming languages
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
• Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Joomla, Wordpress JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
• Experience with test-driven development
• Proficiency in software engineering tools
• Ability to document requirements and specifications
• Producing fully functional banking programs written with clean, testable code
• Collaborating with the banks different teams to identify system requirements
• Designing front end and back end user interfaces, web layouts and online forms
• Upgrade and repair existing banking programs where needed
• Perform periodical tests and debugging to maximize the banks system efficiency
• Create technical documentation for user support
• Suggest new features to improve the banks program navigation, operation and client experience
• Keep the bank up-to-date with current security principles
• Stay up-to-date with industry developments